Many times in my life, I have found myself answering questions from people in regards to stupid preconceived notions. It has been a struggle to maintain composure and at the same time be able to convey the idea of whatever subject matter I was being asked to answer for. Yesterday was one of those days when you feel not only the individual has completely lost any grasp with reality, but the whole world seems somehow to have lost their mind during the night.
Almost a year ago, I was introduced by a friend of mine to a person who is a Reiki master, and having seen Reiki masters many times throughout the last decade I was thrilled to have found one in my country, let alone in my city. As months progressed we kept a cordial friendship in hopes (on my part) of receiving advice through said person in regards to energy work, inner peace, holistic medicine and so forth. Nothing would have prepared me for what came to be yesterday, this is part of the conversation;Before you read on let me just remind you this person has as favorite quote on his profile which says; “A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are.”
D – Why do you hate the women?
L.M. – D, what the hell kind of a question is that?
D – I only see naked men posted on your facebook page
L.M. – And this means I hate women?
D – Well you never post a naked woman; you show this desire of a naked man at all the times.
L.M. – Because that’s what I like, nevertheless, it don’t mean I hate women, just don’t see them as sexually appealing
D – Sexually appealing…sex is in the mind, sex is mind activity expressed physically, and it looks like your mind is attracted by man. So you like man. I don’t understand such handsome guy as you likes man.
L.M. – It’s not for you to either understand nor approve, all u can do is accept it, if not…oh well
It would be easy to use the usual catch-phrases most people throw around such as; you can’t change people, ignorance is everywhere, don’t worry about it, and forget them. At the same time it would be very easy for me to trash such person in any way the English language allows me to. Both would be inadequate and a waste of time for someone who’s been permanently deleted from my life. I would like to focus on the preconceived notions expressed by such person in regards to my relationship with women.
1) My love for the male physique, my attraction to the male species, and absolute love of such elements used in photography has never been used as retaliation against women, and if it was meant as such, my postings must be the most artistic way of expressing said hatred.
2) The “I only see naked men posted” remark and the subsequent assumption of female hatred is the equivalent of me saying that since a person posts only Amazon naked women means he deeply hates men, which in turn can be used as case basis said person hates himself.
3) D remarks sex is a physical manifestation of mind’s activity and my mind seems to be wired towards homosexual sex, and his follow up remark that he does not understand how such a handsome guy such as I likes men allows me to re-remark. I’m absolutely flattered by the “handsome guy” comment, I’ve always felt very handsome indeed, but on the other hand, I’ve never seen it as something which got me more tail than the next guy.
4) Following D’s absent logic a handsome guy can’t be attracted to men, allows me to counter-comment of the fact that a short, overweight, balding men must indeed have card-blanche to gay sex, and said person (for those in the know), can always enter the pearly gates of a bathhouse, glory-glory holes hallelujahs, and all the underground movement that it encompasses.
A person, who tries to indulge his egotistical conceit by assuming he knows what’s best for the rest of us, is living proof of the quote; People, who speak in my best interest, ought to shampoo my crotch. (Modified from - As Good as it Gets)
- Why the Hatred? (candidobservation.wordpress.com)